Super lightweight, heavy duty, puncture, abrasion and weather resistant.Wildland warriors having been depending on Smith Indian fire pumps on the Fireline for over 80 years. This 5 gallon lightweight, heavy-duty vinyl fire pump bag is collapsible and can be rolled up to fit in small areas when not in use. The lightweight design helps reduce operator fatigue and are perfect for forest, grass brush and rubbish fires.
The shoulder harness straps offer the best in comfort with the center cinch strap distributing weight efficiently and comfortably. Vinyl gives maximum resistance to weather, acid, alkalis, and water and is also puncture, abrasion and weather resistant for years of use and abuse found on the Fireline.
The pump is all brass and the dual nozzle changes quickly from stream to spray without tools. The military spec shoulder straps and carry handle will not rot, mildew or twist while in service. Weighs approx. 5 lbs. (empty).
All Smith Indian fire pump tanks are proudly MADE in the USA and approived for the US Forestry Service.
- Constructed of strong polyester fabric encased in vinyl for superior durability
- Vinyl gives maximum resistance to weather, acid, alkalis, and water
- Puncture, abrasion and weather resistant for years of use
- Collapsible, rolls up to fit in small areas when not in use
- Dual nozzle changes quickly from stream to spray without tools
- Lumbar support and waist belt added for comfort and stability
- Available in 5 gallon, 5 lb. (empty) with brass pump
- Dimensions: 18.875" x 4.5" x 4.5"
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Seams are electronically seals and reinforced at all stress points
- Pump is completely rust proof and provides a positive shutoff at any position with no drip off or waste of water
- Pump is unaffected by non-use periods of storage
- Pump has been tested 50,000 strokes at 4 psi without any loss of pump efficiency
- Shoulder strap is equipped with clip to hold pump, freeing up hands
- Oil proof 44" long hose is equipped with rust proof ball bearing quick connect type connector
Ratings & Reviews
I used one of these when I was a volunteer firefighter years ago. I wanted one for when we camp. Its offers great spot protection when we are dry camping back in the deep woods. I love the security it brings. I've used it twice (once camping and one for a small fire that resulted from a wreck I came upon in rural Nevada. It was about 30 minutes before the fire truck arrived but I already had the brush fire out, for the most part.) I love it!
Best of the lot
This is the best of the indian pumps. very comfortable and easiest to use. Its only draw backs are the gaskets in the brass pump, which plague all of them.