Answering the call of firefighters, MSA Cairns Helmets proudly introduces the 880 Chicago firefighting helmet.Due to production delays, some models of this helmet not in stock may take up to 8 weeks for delivery.
Made possible through the use of recent advancements in materials technology, the 880 Chicago fire helmet is the lowest profile high performance style helmet on the market today. The 880 Chicago fire helmet is an unparalleled achievement in size, performance, and styling.
The Cairns® 880 traditional fire helmet offers a tough, high-temperature thermoplastic shell resistant to chipping and cracking, and a low-ride helmet design creates a low-profile for superior clearance and maneuverability. The 880's smaller, lighter, low-profile shell allows for optimum clearance and maneuverability, yet it has a very stable, balanced ride. Combines traditional style with high-tech performance.Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit for all head sizes between 5-5/8 to 7-5/8.
Features & Benefits:
- High-tech thermal impact cap provides increased heat and impact protection
- Non-corroding, high-temperature glass-filled faceshield/goggle hardware
- Rugged, high-temperature (TPR) edge trim will not melt or drip
- Faceshield wing protectors for extra faceshield reinforcement
- Soft black Nomex chinstrap features one-hand quick-release buckle and postman slide for quick removal and adjustment
- Nomex or PBI/Kevlar earlapse for increased neck/ear coverage and protection
- Patented shell release increases neck and head protection
- Three-position rear ratchet height adjust for a secure and comfortable fit
- SCBA interface front headband adjustment matches the fit of any SCBA mask.
- Removable flannel or leather cushion liners
- 5-year shell replacement warranty
- Lowest-profile traditional-style fire helmet on the market
- Meets all the protection requirements of NFPA 1971-2013
- Minimal parts for lower service cost and easier maintenance
A sleek, low-profile, NFPA-compliant goggle designed to fit comfortably over most prescription glasses. The high-temperature frame allows fast lens replacement. Patented Speed Clips make strap adjustments easy, even with gloves on. The snap-on/snap-off mounting system consists of simple low-profile posts on the sides of the helmet. Goggles can be used alone or with a faceshield. They can be stored on the front or back of the helmet, or quickly removed, as desired.
Bourke Eye Shield. Traditional styling with these clear bourke eyeshields. Bourke eyeshields exceed US-OSHA (CFR 1910) NBSIR-1977.
Note: Images shown are the old bourkes. NEW NFPA bourkes will ship on helmets ordered with bourkes.
Eye Protection Combinations (ESS Goggles with Bourke eyeshield): NFPA-1971-2018 Compliant
4” Tuffshield® Visor. Although it costs you no more than the clear and smoke visor options, we at TheFireStore believe the Tuffshield visor offers distinct advantages. We supply it as the standard equipment visor on all Cairns Traditional and Deluxe Configuration helmets for some very good reasons: Tuffshield is significantly more heat resistant. The Tuffshield Defender visor is heat-resistant up to 500° F. Other visor materials will start to melt at about 345° Tuffshield is a heavier grade material with more impact resistance. As the name implies, it’s just tougher.
The slight yellowish tint helps you see better, day or night. Like a pair of amber shooting glasses, they filter out harsh wavelengths and glare, improving contrast and revealing more detail under all lighting conditions—including looking at flames. 4” amber Tuffshield visor is compliant with NFPA 1971, 2013 edition. All visors meet ANSI Z87.1+ impact requirements.
Standard Configuration Includes:
- Maltese Cross Front Holder
- Lime/Yellow Tetrahedrons
- Matte Finish
- Nomex earlaps.
- 3D carved eagle
- Lime/Yellow Tetrahedrons
- Leather liner
- Matte Finish
- Kevlar earlaps
6" Leather Fronts are sold separately.
Note: Screws to mount Leather Front M12 & M16 Shield Brackets are not included. Screws are available separately.
"What is the difference between standard and deluxe"
Paula, i have copied and pasted the answer to your question, which is located at the bottom of our web page; Standard Configuration Includes: Maltese Cross Front Holder Lime/Yellow Tetrahedrons Matte Finish Nomex earlaps. Deluxe Configuration Includes: 3D carved eagle Lime/Yellow Tetrahedrons Leather liner Matte Finish Kevlar earlaps. Certified to meet NFPA 1971 Specifications, 2013 Edition for Structural Fire Fighting Configurations: Bourkes (Not NFPA) 4"" Faceshield ESS Goggles ESS Goggles with Bourkes 6"" Leather Fronts are sold separately.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !