The Cairns N6A Houston leather fire helmet
As of September 2018, all Cairns® N6A Houston™ Fire Helmets will feature replaceable soft goods, which are easy to remove and clean. In alignment with cancer prevention directives recommended by the Firefighter Cancer Support Network (FCSN), adding replaceable soft goods to this iconic Fire Helmet helps firefighters better maintain the character of the leather fire helmet while helping to improve safety.
- Medium: 6 3/8" to 7 1/2"
- Large: 7 5/8" to 8 1/2"
- 6-inch carved brass eagle holder
- Durable leather shell for maximum life with minimum maintenance
- Non-corroding high-temperature glass-filled faceshield/goggle hardware
- Engineered impact cap provides advanced thermal/impact/penetration protection
- Soft black Nomex chinstrap features one-hand quick-release buckle and postman slide for quick removal and adjustment
- Removable/washable sateen liner with Jumbo Nomex Black earlap
- NFPA Compliant
Ratings & Reviews
Still love a cairns but…
Received my new N6A. Quality has sadly taken a turn south. Paint looks heavily coated and scrollwork doesn’t pop like my previous N6A -2016. Some of the brass ring underneath was covered with paint also. Still love the cairns but they’re not pushing them out how they used to.