Firewipes provide a quick on-scene skin decontamination solution for firefighters after exposure to hazardous environments.
Firewipes and COVID-19
First and foremost - the CDC recommends that hand-washing with Soap and Water for at least 20 seconds is the most effective way to clean your hands. Using soap to wash your hands is more effective than using water alone because the surfactants in soap lift soil and microbes from the skin.
- Also, the CDC states that if soap and water are not available, use an “alcohol-based hand sanitizer” that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers can quickly kill “most” types of germs on the hands but may not kill certain types of bacteria and viruses.
- Firewipes are designed to be a rinse-free, limited water supply cleansing wipe solution for personal hygiene and field decon.
- Firewipes contain specific surfactants and have a high-water content. This aids in lifting the contaminants which allow the cloth fibers to remove them. Without these two specific features, the wipes would not be as effective.
- Firewipes do not contain Alcohol of any kind or any Antibacterial kill formula. This is what makes them safe to use on all external dermal areas. This includes the sensitive skin areas around the face, neck, eyes, throat and SCBA Mask.
- Firewipes only come individually packaged. This helps to ensure safety in two major ways.
- Keeping the wipes from drying out. Their high water content makes the wipes more effective when needed.
- Also, this virtually eliminates cross-contamination issues that you encounter when using multi wipe style packaging.
Firewipes On-Scene Firefighter Skin Decontamination Wipes help clean soot, smoke, and other potential carcinogens of complete and incomplete combustion off the skin. The 8” x 12” textured industrial strength disposable wipes are infused with cleansing compounds for use on all external dermal areas.
The wipes are also saturated with a unique formula specifically designed to minimize additional carcinogenic exposure through dermal absorption. All wipes are hypoallergenic, latex-free, paraben-free, MI (Methylisothizolinone)-free, SLS-free, and alcohol-free. Each wipe is individually packaged to prolong shelf life, eliminate cross contamination, maintain consistency, limit waste, and reduce costs.
Optimized for safety and ease of use, Firewipes Skin Decontamination Wipes are a convenient and effective way for firefighters to clean carcinogens and other potential hazards off their skin while they’re still on scene.
Download the Safety Data Sheet: FIREWIPES_SDS12 (2).pdf
- Each wipe measures 8” x 12”
- Used to help clean soot, smoke, and other potential carcinogens of complete and incomplete combustion off the skin while on-scene
- Infused with cleansing compounds for use on all external dermal areas
- Saturated with a unique formula specifically designed to minimize additional carcinogenic exposure through dermal absorption
- Made of hypoallergenic, latex-free, paraben-free, MI (Methylisothizolinone)-free, SLS-free, and alcohol-free ingredients
- No added fragrance
- Individually packaged to prolong shelf life, eliminate cross contamination, maintain consistency, limit waste, and reduce costs
- Waterproof packaging
- There is no oily/sticky residue so it won't interfere with a positive SCBA mask seal
- Created by a firefighter for firefighters and first responders for on-scene decon.
"shelf life of the wipes?"
Yes and no. The manufacture warranties this products for 3 years after the manufacture date however if it is stored properly it will last much longer.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !