Worldwide, the # 1 choice for weeping hose among forest fire agencies1" x 1" 5/32 with Aluminum Coupling, 50'
All Sales are Final, this product is NON-RETURNABLE
- Patented Hydro-Wick® weeping process producing a “wick” effect to dampen the hose jacket
- Tough and light in weight
- Unique Mertex® lining yields an extremely low friction loss, for maximum flow and superior adhesion for long life
- Premium all synthetic single jacket
- Resistant to most chemicals, petrol products, ozone and U.V. exposure, hydrolysis, and rot and mildew
- Remains flexible to -65º F (-55º C)
- Meets or exceeds all performance requirements of NFPA 1961, Underwriters Laboratories and Factory Mutual
- Meets ULC requirements and can be labeled upon request in the sizes* specified below
|Trade Size||1.0 in. | 2.5 cm||1.5 in. | 3.8 cm|
|Bowl Size||1.156" | 2.9 cm||1.687" | 4.3 cm|
|Weight Un-Coupled 100' | 30.5M||8 lbs | 3.6 kg||11 lbs | 5 kg|
|Coil Diameter 100' | 30.5M||14" | 35.6 cm||14" | 35.6 cm|
|Service Pressure||300 psi | 2070 kPa||300 psi | 2070 kPa|
|Proof Pressure||600 psi | 4140 kPa||600 psi | 4140 kPa|
|Burst Pressure||900 psi | 6200 kPa||1000 psi | 6900 kPa|
High tenacity filament polyester yarn in both the warp and weft directions, to provide maximum strength to weight ratio and shall have a minimum filler (weft) yarns of 10.8 inch (425 per Meter). The hose is self-protecting by percolating just the right amount of water through the jacket for even protection along its entire length. This weeping process is achieved by weaving the yarn through the liner thus producing a "wick" effect to dampen (wet) the hose jacket.
Made from polyurethane and is applied using a fused process that welds the polyurethane directly to the textile while the hose is being woven, without the use of adhesives or hot melt. The fused lining process creates a virtually inseparable unit without the use of adhesives, yeilding an extremely low friction (pressure) loss by filling in the corrugations of the weave, creating an ultra thin and smooth waterway. Fire hose made using adhesives of any type do not meet this specification. The lining is approved for use with potable water.
The rate of separation of a 1½" / 38mm strip of polyurethane, transversely cut, is not be greater than ¼" / 6mm per minute under a weight of 12 lbs / 5.5 kg.
Flow and Friction Loss:
The 1½" (38mm) hose is capable of flowing 70 US GPM (264 LPM) with a maximum pressure loss of 10 PSIG (69 kPa) per 100' (30.5M).
A full length will withstand a hydrostatic pressure of 600 psi / 4140 kPa while kinked.
In conformance with the current NFPA standard and made of extruded aluminum, hard coated a minimum of .002" thick. Manufactured in North America and permanently labeled with country of origin. The hose is available with threaded and quarter-turn threadless (QC) couplings. Extended lugs to facilitate rapid connect and disconnect.
Manufactured in North America and NAFTA compliant.