All the features of the Original Cobra™ Classic™ Hood plus a 3” wide center panel in place of traditional center seam for improved fit and comfort.
- Double-ply hood with 3" Sure Fit™ panel for customized fit
- Provides coverage of neck, upper chest and to the top of the shoulder blades
- Contoured shoulders reduce bunching of bib
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
- Recommended for STRUCTURAL FIRE FIGHTING as well as other industries which require protection from flash fire, radiant heat, electric arc or cold weather
Other properties of Para-Tek FR™ include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Low thermal shrinkage
- Excellent TPP rating – 34.8 after five washings
- Superb flame resistance – lowest vertical char lengths of all hood fabrics
- Excellent Arc Flash protection (Highest arc rating of all hood fabrics) – ATPV = 34.4 HRC 3 (On double ply hoods)
- Compliant with NFPA 70E – Current Edition. Meeting the performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506 (On double ply hoods)
- Excellent resistance to welding sparks and splatter – Resists pin-holing from welding sparks and splatter
- Exceptional wear life
- Great Value. Low initial cost, combined with long wear life
- Comfortable. Excellent moisture absorbency – wicks moisture off skin so it can easily evaporate. Fabric also has excellent breathability
- Lightweight – 6 oz. / sq. yd.
- Available in Black or Heather Gray
- Outer shell is a blend of High-Strength Para Aramid/Lenzing FR®/High-Tenacity Nylon-approx. 6 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendered to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
- Drape attachment to top is done with stitch type 401 and reinforced with stitch type 605.
- Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 503 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Composed of two layers throughout with a 3" wide Sure-Fit™ panel for improved comfort, fit and performance.
- Seamed from top of face opening to bottom back then cover-stitched for extra strength.
- Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½" wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of hood is bound with self-material bias binding.
- Shoulders are contoured on each side allowing the hood to lie flat on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 9"
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15"
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 18.5"
|Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)||34.4|
|Thermal Protective Performance|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||34.8|
|Initial (inches)||0 x 0|
|Warp (wales) x Fill (Courses)|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||0 x 0|
|Initial (inches)||0.5 x 0.8|
|After 5 washings (inches)||0.4 x 0.5|
|Fabric Burst Strength (N)||432.6|
|Seam Burst Strength (N)||807|
|Heat and Thermal Shrinkage|
|After 5 washings||0.30%|
|Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)||29|
|Melt or Drip when exposed to flame||None|
- One size hood fits all.
- Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification. Date of Manufacture and Care Instructions. Affixed to each hood is a complete user’s information guide.
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL INDUSTRY STANDARDS
- UL Classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971-Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA. Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E - Current Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. Arc Rating: 34.4 - Hazard Risk Category: 3
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !