Known for its inherent flame resistance, Nomex® has been the fabric of choice for protective apparel for over forty years.
- Double-ply hood with 3" wide panel for contoured fit
- XL length covers chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Tapered back and notched shoulder design helps bib lie flat in front and back
- Flat stitched seams
- X-heavy 1/2" wide elasticized face opening
- Cover stitched bound drape
- Label is sewn down on all four sides for comfort and permanency
- UL Classified to NFPA 1971: Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting – Current Edition
Other properties of Nomex® include:
- Inherently flame resistant
- Exceptional wear life
- Superb flash fire protection
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Easy Care – can be laundered using normal home and commercial laundering and dry cleaning techniques
- Mid-weight (7oz./sq. yd.)
- Natural off-white color
- Less comfort than other hood fibers or fiber blends due to low moisture absorbency of 4.5%
- Meets CAL-OSHA Requirements
- Passes Fed. Test 191, Method 5903.2: CAL OSHA Sections 3406(d)
- Complies with OSHA Rule 29 CFR Part 1910, 269
- Both outer shell and lining are a blend of Nomex® (Meta-Aramid) - approx. 7 oz sq yd.
- 1 x 1 rib knit fabric - knit to allow approx. 130% stretch for maximum stretch and recovery.
- Calendared to minimize laundry shrinkage.
- All stitching conforms to Federal Standard 751 Specifications (FED-STD-751).
- Major seams are flat seam assembled, stitch type 607.
- Drape attachment to top is done with stitch type 401 and reinforced with stitch type 605.
- Elastic in face opening is serged in with stitch type 503 and reinforced with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Binding is applied with bottom cover-stitch, stitch type 406.
- Composed of a two layer top, bib and 3” wide Sure-Fit™ panel for improved comfort, fit and performance.
- Top is seamed from top of face opening to bib in back with a six thread flat seam for comfort. Bib is assembled and joined around circumference of top with two thread serge and then 5 thread cover-stitched for extra strength. Face opening is circular in shape and serged with x-heavy duty ½" wide elastic around the perimeter. The elastic is then folded back ½" and cover stitched. The face opening stretches a full 16" (which is 25% more than conventional hoods) for easy donning and a snug fit around face of SCBA mask. Face opening maintains original shape after repeated launderings.
- The bottom edge of bib is bound with self-material bias binding and contoured at shoulders allowing the hood to drape on the chest and back for maximum coverage.
- Face opening is circular and measures between 4.6" to 5.6" in diameter.
- Length of hood below face opening approx. 11".
- Length of hood at side from top to bottom approx. 15".
- Length of hood at back from top to bottom approx. 19".
|Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV)|
|Thermal Protective Performance|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||28.5|
|Initial (inches)||0 x 0|
|Warp (wales) x Fill (Courses)|
|After 5 washings (seconds)||0 x 0|
|Initial (inches)||2 x 2.1|
|After 5 washings (inches)||1.7 x 1.6|
|Fabric Burst Strength (N)||911.4|
|Seam Burst Strength (N)||1320.5|
|Heat and Thermal Shrinkage|
|After 5 washings||0%|
|Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI)||31|
|Melt or Drip when exposed to flame||None|
- One size hood fits all.
- Each hood is clearly labeled to identify material contents, NFPA acceptance, UL Classification, Date of Manufacture, and Care Instructions. Included with each hood is a complete users information guide.
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS INDUSTRY STANDARDS
- UL classified to meet or exceed NFPA 1971- Current Edition; Compliant with CAL-OSHA, Sections 3406 and 3410(d) and OSHA Rule 29 CFR, Part 1910, 269. Compliant with NFPA 70E 2004 Edition and meets performance specifications of ASTM-F-1506. ARC Rating: 23.3 – Hazard / Risk Category – 2.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !