A lightweight, hand-held personal light with right-angle head designed for use in hazardous locations.
It features a piercing beam that cuts through smoke and a spring-loaded clip that easily grabs onto gear.
- Features C4® LED technology with four lighting modes
- High for a super-bright beam that pierces through smoke 175 lumens; 41,000 candela; 405 m beam distance; runs 3.5 hours
- Low for bright light and longer run time 60 lumens; 14,000 candela; 237 m beam distance; runs 13 hours
- Flash for signaling runs 8 hours
- Moonlight mode provides low-level lighting for battery conservation runs 20 days
- IPX4 water-resistant; 2 meter impact resistance tested
- Industrial rechargeable NiCad battery can be recharged up to 1,000 times
- Also accepts four AA alkaline non-rechargeable batteries for fast replacement with readily available batteries.
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Serialized for positive identification
Newly Redesigned Features
- Redesigned model features a low-profile “Total Internal Reflection” optic that provides a wider beam and optimum peripheral illumination to aid in navigation, and features two optional, interchangeable Smoke-Cutter® plugs for preferred beam pattern
- Black plug significantly reduces peripheral light for a tighter beam
- Amber plug reduces peripheral light and eye fatigue caused by glare
- As always, by not using either plug, you get the traditional Survivor beam.
- Spring-loaded clip with built-in D-ring easily attaches to belts and harnesses; redesigned model features a reinforced D-ring with a forward-hanging orientation
- Optimized electronics provide regulated intensity
- High-impact super-tough nylon construction offers exceptional durability; O-ring sealed
- Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with silicone anti-scratch coating is assembled in a heavy-duty low-profile bezel that doesn’t interfere with gear and equipment in the redesigned model
The Survivor LED will never need to be replaced and provides the right type of light for a broad range of firefighting activity (structural firefighting, EMS, extrication, technical rescue, etc). The Survivor LED with C4® LED technology is stronger and more reliable than ever.
Lightweight and built from a high-impact nylon casing, the Survivor LED offers exceptional durability and weather resistance.
Spring-loaded clip with built-in ring easily attaches to belts and harnesses. Rugged enough to survive the UL 30-ft. drop test, this professional light is also engineered with a one-way valve for case venting and "O" ring sealed openings to protect against moisture and dirt.
Also features four lighting functions in one light high beam, low beam, flash, and moonlight mode. To switch settings, simply press and hold down the push button.
- Housing, base, and battery housing made from high-impact super tough nylon offering exceptional durability.
- All openings are o-ring sealed for weather resistance.
- Spring-loaded clip with built-in ring easily attaches to belts and harnesses.
- Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with silicone anti-scratch coating is assembled in either a heavy-duty or a low-profile bezel.
- Height: 7.06" | 17.92 cm
- Height in charger: 8.67" | 22.02 cm
- Width: 2.85" | 7.24 cm
- Diameter: 2.87" | 7.29 cm
- Grip Area:
- Height: 3.6" | 9.14 cm
- Thickness: 1.35" | 3.43 cm
- Width: 2.2" | 5.59 cm
Lens: Unbreakable polycarbonate lens with silicone anti-scratch coating
Light Source: C4 LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime
- Original model Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces narrow beam and optimum peripheral illumination to aid in navigation; ideal for smoke-cutting applications.
- Redesigned model “Total Internal Reflection” optic that provides a wider beam and optimum peripheral illumination to aid in navigation, and features two optional, interchangeable Smoke-Cutter® plugs for preferred beam pattern.
- Sonic welded push button switch designed for extremely long life.
- Rubber dome push-button actuator provides easy operation even when wearing heavy gloves.
- Raised push button switch for easy use with gloves.
- 3-position switch high, low, locator strobe light
- Industrial rechargeable nickel-cadmium 4.8 volt, 1.8 amp hour, 4 cell sub-C can be recharged up to 1000 times.
- Optional four (4) "AA" alkaline battery pack (item 90542, not included) provides fast replacement with readily available batteries.
- High: 3.5 hours
- Low: 13 hours
- Flash: 8 hours continuous
- Moonlight: 20 days continuous.
- All claims to 10% of initial lumen output
- AC and DC one-hour fast chargers with full charge indicators designed specifically for AC or DC power sources.
- The universal Steady Charger, which requires up to 10 hours for a complete charge, can be used with 110V, 120V, 230V, 240V, or 12V DC by exchanging its charge cord.
- Class I, II, Division 1, Groups C, D, E, F, G; Class III, T-Code: T4
- Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D; T-Code: T4
- Rack meets requirements of NFPA 1901-220.127.116.11 (2009) mounted in any position
Streamlight warrants this product to be free of defects for a lifetime of use except for batteries and bulbs, abuse, and normal wear. Streamlight will repair, replace or refund the purchase price of this product should they determine it to be defective. This limited lifetime warranty also excludes rechargeable batteries, chargers, switches, and electronics which have a 2-year warranty with proof of purchase.
THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED EXCEPT WHERE SUCH A LIMITATION IS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
You may have other specific legal rights which vary by jurisdiction.
Ratings & Reviews
now everybody wants one
I bought this after using the district supplied flashlights in a training burn. The light was pitiful at best. Now that i have a streamlight lowpro, darkness fears me... The beam cuts through smoke very well. On high, i can light up street signs from 100 yards away. The moonbeam is great for general night ops, as it doesn't blind everyone around me. A tip on the moonbeam that i couldn't find in the instructions or the web: hold the button through ten flashes of the rescue mode and the moonbeam activates. The lowpro survivor also fits in the charging docks in the engine.
Very bright and clear light, the low profile build housing is very nice and not bulky like the old lights. The different settings for the level of brightness for the bulb is nice to have. Very good upgrade they have done to this light.
seems to be a good light
I have not been able to use this light a lot but i have used it on a few calls and it is very bright. i have no complaints thus far and it seems to be a good product.
I'm happy with the function of the light and rechargeable battery. I havn't been to a fire with it yet. But everywhere else I've used it I am stoked on it.
Present for my son started using first shift.
Only disappointment FEDEX express left the package in my driveway instead of my porch.UPS,FEDEX ground,USPS all made porch deliveries.
Nothing but problems
The last two flashlights I have bought, the switches both broke right after a fire. One would not shut off, the next would not turn on. The second one literally broke after one fire. Cant buy these anymore.
"Will this work with my existing charger?"
"Can the old chargers be used on the new model lights?"
"Hi, would the 120v fast charger handle 220v? or how much is it to change the 120v charger for a 220v? Cheers"
you can not use a 120v charger on a 220V, nor can you change 1 into the other. You will need to purchase the correct charger for YOUR light, you just cannot use 1 for the other
"Will the rechargeable version work with current chargers?"
Yes you can use the old charger with the new model survivor.
"What is the difference in the chargers? not sure what the difference is between steady, fast and trickle charger"
A Steady Charger with take 10 hours to fully charge the light, the fast charger will take 2.5 hours, and the trickle is just what it say''s it does, trickle along.
"is charger included with light?"
Dennis if you look at our web page we give you several options for this light, you can choose with a charger, w/o a charger, you need to go back to our web page.
"For charging in a vehicle, would I use the 12V DC charger?"
"Does the combination 120V/12V Steady Charger come with a charging base and both charging cords?"
You have 3 options with this light, and they all come with a charger, and 2 power cords P/N 90503 Orange P/N 90513 Yellow P/N 90523 Black
"If I just order the light only does the battery come with it?"
Greg, you will get a battery with the light, depending on the type you order, the rechargeable model or the 4 double AA battery model.
"can you put rechargeable AA batteries in the pack and use the charger to charge it or do you have to buy the battery also"
Use Streamlight rechargeable batteries only, the short answer to your question is ""NO""
"Can I buy a spare rechargeable battery for this light ? Which battery holder do I need if I also want to run AA battery's as a back up ? If you have the part numbers that would be great ! Thank You"
Hi Bill, yes you can purchase a spare rechargeable battery P/N 90338, and the AA battery tube is P/N 90542, we should have both in stock.
"Is there a spare rechargeable battery available for this unit ? Also which AA battery holder do I need for this light, I would like to have a spare rechargeable and a spare AA for emergencies ? If you have the part numbers that would be great ! Thanks"
Yes you can purchase a spare rechargeable battery P/N 90338, and the AA battery tube is P/N 90542, we should have both in stock
"Dear Sir or Lady The voltage in Switzerland is 220-240V AC. Can I use the 12V DC Fast Charger with the higher voltage? Do I need an adapter (North America to Switzerland) or are there different adapters included? Thank you for answering my questions. Yours faithfully M"
12V DC is 12V DC... it does not matter because it is direct current and not AC (alternate current) All DC ports for power are the same. No adapter needed unless you were speaking of the AC configuration.
"Can I use a rechargeable battery from a non LED survivor in this light?"
If you are asking us if a battery from an older Survivor light will work in the newer LED lights, yes it should work.
"Does the fast charge burn out the batteries quicker than the steady charge?"
Hi, not that we are aware of, Streamlight has a very good warranty in place and if there were a problem they would have been on top of it before now, and would have made it known to their dealer network
"I HAVE A RECHARGEABLE SURVIVOR 90 DEGREE FLASHLIGHT THAT'S NOT ACCEPTING A CHARGE. WHAT MIGHT THE PROBLEM BE? I KNOW IT'S NOT HE CHARGING BASE BECAUSE IT CHARGES MY OTHER LIGHT. IF I'M REMEMBERING CORRECTLY WHEN SET IN THE CHARGER THE RED LIGHT ON THE BASE WOULD INDICATE IT'S CHARGING AND WHEN THE LIGHT ON THE BASE GOES GREEN THE FLASHLIGHT DOESN'T WORK"
We are going to suggest you go to Streamlight.Com, their web site. Click on their service/parts section, that will take you to their warranty section, you can contact them and tell them what the trouble is, it should be no cost to you to have your light repaired.
"Our Department has numerous Survivor flashlights with the non-LED bulb. We are wishing to upgrade to this LED Survivor light. We have a 5 bank charging base. Do you know if the charging base is compatible with these new lights?"
Steve, the new LSD lights are the same as the older Survivor, as far as chargers, the 5 bank, the single charger, 12 volt or 120 volt, they are interchangeable.
"Is this water submersible and to what depth?"
it is not rated for water submersible, it is -IPX4 water-resistant; All openings are O-ring sealed for weather resistance.
"Which do I get, 120 AC or 12 DC or does it not make a difference, why give me this option?"
Do you not understand what we are showing you on our web page? 1st there are 4 different options for you to choose from, 3 of the options are chargers and the 4th one is for a LIGHT ONLY/NO CHARGING UNIT; of the 3 other options you can pick a charger, a 12volt (vehicle unit), a 120 DC unit for the home/house, and a combination 12V and a 120DC unit with the correct power cords you would need. Next options are No Charger, Fast Charger, and Standard Charger, we recommend you pick what style charger you want to use as the 1st think you do, that will help you with making a choice, then the only other option you have to pick is the color you want.
"Do these come with Charger Base?"
Dennis, the light will fit in the charger as is, only thing you need is a rechargeable battery, and a charger. the original charger works for all of the survivor's
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !